Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A little dinner conversation....

So tonight at dinner, Morgan asks,
"Mom, we have three little cans of root beer (you know the half sized cans from Walmart?) out in the fridge, can Paige, Carson, and me have them with dinner?
I debated for a minute, and then said OK. I was feeling a little guilty telling them no when I had already had more than my share of diet Cherry Coke that day. It isn't their fault that I am such a rotten example, they cannot help that I love that bubbly stuff. (Just so you know, we don't so this every night for dinner, they just begged for those cute little soda's at Walmart, and I had a week moment!)
So Morgan goes to the garage and gets the pop, and gives one to her brother and sister. Paige promptly turns the can around to read the label and excitedly tells us:
This pop has zero fattness!
She does not know how bad I wish that were true.
We might need to explain how calories work next!
Next my little boy opens his pop, pours it in a cup, and starts licking it like a kitty. We were about to tell him to stop, when he looked at all of us and said:
MMMMMM....... TASTY!!!
We all started laughing, and so after that every bite of his dinner he would tell us again! Lucky for us, never a dull moment at dinner !!

10 comments:

Elena said...

I LOVE family dinner conversations. They are the best! And how I wish Dr. Pepper with vanilla from Sonic was zero fatness too! :)

SueAnn said...

So cute, I LOVE the things kids say!!

Nichelle said...

Funny! Isn't it great the things that kids say! I am with you on the need to cut back on my soda intake.

Holly said...

Your kids are so cute! I love how they make us all laugh! :)

Amberlee said...

I think that's why eating dinner together is so important. We learn so many things from our kids when we're together and nobody can move. Funny!!!

Brian and Leilani said...

Kids are always good for some entertainment. :)

Head Over Hills said...

So funny! I can't wait to see your kiddos next week. Hopefully if everone is healthy here. I wish there were so many things with zero fatness.

Unknown said...

That's cute! Your kids would fit in with me...Diet Mountain Dew, baby! And it really does have zero fatness! ha ha!

Natalie♥ said...

That is so funny! Kids can say and do some very funny things sometimes.

MarjAnn said...

hang on to the laughter for the next time he's feeling naughty!!