Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Meghan!

Thirteen tears ago this young lady (on the right) became the first niece and granddaughter in my little family. I cannot believe that she is a teenager now. I think I will forever think of her as little "May May." Megs, I hope you had a fabulous birthday, and that you will have a great birthday party! Since we can't be around to celebrate with you, we though we would post our Top Ten Favorite things about Meghan!!

1. She is the most willing babysitter, especially to that little brother!
2. She loves to play with my kids, and they love to play with her. When Meghan is around, I don't even see my daughters.
3. She is incredibly creative. Our entire family loves a great short story written by Megs!
4. She is quite funny, I especially love it when she teases her Mom.
5. She is the sweetest big sister ever!
6. She is an artist, we all love her artwork- it can be rather funny as well.
7. She is a great help on the computer- I think she knows how to run it far better than me.
8. She makes the BEST brownies in the West!
9. She Never backs down from a water fight, and on the 4th of July when we have a yearly tradition of a huge family water fight, she is out with the boys (The big ones!) for hours.
10. She has a such a strong ambition to do what is good and right, I love that she is such a great example to my kids.

We hope you have a great day lady! We miss you so much, and wish we could come spend the day with you! We will just have to make up for it at Christmas. We love you!!

3 comments:

The Michiganders said...

Thanks for making May May's mom cry. That was so sweet--and Meghan really needed a post like that today. Thanks--you are the best.

Head Over Hills said...

She is such a sweet girl. I can't believe she is growing up so quickly. That was a sweet post. I wish I would have thought to do something like that. I'm so glad you did.

Anonymous said...

You are right about that girl. We are so lucky to have her in our family.