Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree..

For as long as I can remember, my family has gone up to the Pine Basin area to cut down a Christmas Tree. We started going just as the 6 of us, and then a few years later we started inviting my parents good friends the Parker's. Now, years later I bring my husband and children, and some of the Parker's children bring theirs as well. It is so fun to spend the day with family and good friends. As soon as we arrive, we dress all the kids in the snow clothes, and this year, the boys started a lengthy snowball fight. From the pictures you can tell, we didn't have much snow, but they were still able to find some. I can remember going years ago, when the snow was so deep we could barely walk. Here's hoping we get a little bit of that this year sometime.

All the little kiddo's were loving throwing snowballs at the Daddy's!




Carson and I tried to walk up the hill and help, but he could not walk because it was so slippery. So we started down the hill and waited in the truck for everyone to return.

Stephanie was so sweet to help the little ones sled down the hill. She almost had to push with her hands the whole way down the hill to keep them moving. (Morgan says Thanks- Steph!)

My children look forward to this tradition every year, even though we bought an artificial tree 3 years ago. They love to help Grandma and Grandpa pick one out, and go out to eat at the Black Angus afterwords. We have so much fun playing in the snow and seeing good friends again!

11 comments:

JANEAL said...

We've never had a "real" Christmas before....I've always wanted to go and cut one down. Maybe one of these years will do it. Artificial trees are just easy because you don'thave to worry about the mess of the needles.

Holly said...

How fun! I don't think I've ever gone and done this either. What a great tradition!

Brian and Leilani said...

I'm glad your family has this fun tradition. Brian picked out a good tree and it was fun meeting all of you at Big Jud's when I got off work.

SueAnn said...

What a fun tradition!!

Nichelle said...

That is such a fun tradition! It looks like you guys had a great time. I have always wanted a real tree but I just don't think that I could stand the mess.

LW said...

How fun!! Just like the whole California girl thing (picking out food from the garden), i've never cut down and chosen my own tree out of the forest....don't tell your dad, i'll already never live down the California girl image .... :) can't wait to come visit you guys again!!

Amberlee said...

I love holiday traditions! Sounds like you had a great time!

Head Over Hills said...

That looks like so much fun! Hopefully one of these years we can come with you guys. I miss doing that.

Unknown said...

That is such a fun tradition, your kids will always remember it!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I was sick and couldn't come. But you guys picked me out a great tree. Thanks.

Mom

Amber said...

What a fun tradition!