Friday, March 6, 2009

Flashback Friday

I love that a blog is a little history of my family, yet, I wish I could have started it many years ago, so that I would have much more recorded. To try to make for years past, I am going to start posting some of my favorite pictures from the pre-blogging years! The goal here is every Friday, but we will see if I can keep that up.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Carson. He is about 9 months old, and very unhappy that he had to sit in the car. It was nap time, and he was still in a rear-facing car seat, which always seems to make my kids grumpy. To keep him from screaming, I handed him a piece of red licorice, and it worked like magic. He ate the licorice and I didn't hear another word from him. When I got home and went to get him out of his car seat, this is what I found!

I couldn't get him into the house without waking him up, nor did I really want that red stuff all over his bedding!

I find it ironic that 2 years later, this little guy is still dumping out all the shampoo into the tub, every time he gets the chance. He REALLY likes bubbles!

10 comments:

LW said...

HA! That pic of him in the car seat is awesome! That is so funny! I bet you had a good time laughing at that!

MarjAnn said...

Flashbacks- What a great idea! Love the red face, and I'm glad I'm not the only mom that pacifies with candy!

The Michiganders said...

So things haven't changed much in the last three years. I am sensing some deja'vu. nakedness...body paint....sound familiar?

That boy and mischief go hand in hand.

Dang he is adorable. This post made me laugh me head off.

Head Over Hills said...

I love this idea. What a great way for us to get some Family History done. BTW, Brinley saw the picture of Carson's face and said EEEeeeewwww.

Holly said...

Those pics are priceless! haha. What is it with little ones and the need to dump ALL that shampoo into the bath with them. lol. :)

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to look at old pictures and remember. It always seems funnier when a couple of years have gone by. MGpa almost has the backhoe fixed for Carson.

Love,
Mom

♥Seri said...

I can't help but laugh!! I've never seen this picture! How funny! Not that you had to clean it up -- but that it was ALL over his face! Love your idea of Flashback Friday! :)

Nichelle said...

That is priceless!! I love the idea of flashback Friday!! I hope that you can keep up, I would love to see some more funny pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh...MY...Goodness! That is priceless! How cute is he? And I am loving your idea to start posting past pics, I may steal it if you don't mind. I have been so lame lately about blogging...

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Did it stain his skin? I'm just glad I'm not the only mom that uses candy to my advantage :)