Saturday, August 22, 2009

A day at the Lake...

We decided to spend one of our last days of summer swimming and playing in the sand. We went with one of my good friends that happens to have kids the very same ages as mine. It was so cute, they each paired up with a buddy and played for hours. It was so hard to get any good pictures of them, as they didn't want to stop and look at me for long enough to get a face shot.



These boys kept running out as deep in the water as they dared, to fill up the buckets, and then they would run into the sand to pour the water out. They started out pretty timid, but then they got brave and we had to put on the life vests.


I am so sad that this was our first trip to the lake. My kids LOVED it and would have loved to do it over and over all this summer. We will have to do much better next summer. For now it is back to school on Monday.

5 comments:

♥Seri said...

What a fun idea!
That activity looks like something my kids would love --especially their daddio. He loves to swim in that kind of stuff. I just like to play in the sand and cool off by putting my feet in! Thinking of you today as you send them all off! I'm sure it will be a happy day for all of you! In the meantime, I will wait another week!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I couldn't come. It looks like a lot of fun.

Mom

Nichelle said...

It looks like lots of fun!! It is so crazy that they went back to school today. This summer sure did go fast.

Anonymous said...

We went there for the 1st time this year last week also. It is a lot nicer than it use to be, and my kids loved it. I wish we would have gone more also!

Kraig n Melissa said...

It's almost like living by a real beach....It's nice to see you and your family enjoying yourselves! We have also been spending a little time at a lake to play in the sand and water. I'm glad I finally joined the blogging world so I can keep up with you guys!