Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Today was a different Halloween than I am used to! Kids home from school, no class parties to attend, no trunk or treat, just a somewhat relaxing day. I had my kids ready early, and I didn' t feel like I spent the entire day running like a crazy lunatic.
I think I could really enjoy Halloween if it could always be like that.


Also, I am such a fan of it falling on a Friday. What good is Halloween, when you have to get home and get your kids to bed by 8-which never happens for us- and then I have to drag them out of bed the next day for school. Don't you think Halloween should be the on the last Friday in October -you know, kinda follow the Thanksgiving rule.


We had a great night, we set out all our candy on the step, and went around the neighborhood as a family for once. It was so nice to have such great weather! Carson did not want to go up to any of the doors, he just sat in the stroller, and ate off his sisters candy.


Morgan was a witch, Paige was a butterfly, and Carson was a bat. Carson wanted to be a "gary" bat, not a nice one. He loved chasing his sisters around, and they were nice enough to play along, that they actually were scared of him.


The only house my boy would walk up to was Grandpa and Grandma Williamson's. He REALLY wanted to scare Grandpa (which was hilarious!) While we were visiting, we realized Carson likes to hand out candy, rather than walk up to doors and trick-or-treat. Every time the doorbell rang, he would run like crazy to beat his sisters. Here are some pictures, and a lovely video of Carson and Morgan (sorry, I am not smart enough to figure out how to flip it!).







13 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

What a "gary bat". And your girls look darling. Glad you had a nice evening. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Nichelle said...

Your kids look darling even the "gary" bat! I must agree that it was nice to have school out and have halloween on a Friday! It sounds like you guys had a great time.

SueAnn said...

Cute costumes! Sounds like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

I just think these boys are so cute. I know that my granddaughters are cute, I just didn't know how cute boys could be too.

Unknown said...

Cute costumes! Don't you love being able to actually see their costumes instead of covering them up with a coat! Love it!

Amber said...

You kids look so cute! I am glad they had fun.

Amberlee said...

I agree 100% Halloween should always be on a Friday and the weather should always be that nice! It was quite a relaxing day without having to attend all the school stuff. Love the cute costumes and the "gary" bat!

♥Seri said...

I want the gary bat to come visit my house to try to gare us!! Love it! The girls are cute as ever -- what are you feeding Paige? It looks like she has grown about 2 ft. but maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but she sure looks tall! Yes, I think Halloween should always fall on a Friday. We had a fun and relaxed day, too. GLad it was warm over there for you!

Natalie♥ said...

Halloween on Fridays is very nice! Your kids all looked so cute dressed up. I love the "gary bat" your little boy is hilarious.

Holly said...

CUTE CUTE kids! Love the costumes!

Elena said...

Cute kids. Carson sounds like my Carter. He was so afraid of everything. I am too a fan of Halloween on Friday. Although we still had school. I'm glad you had a nice relaxing day.

Anonymous said...

They all looked darling! We got to go trick-or-treating as a family also and it was so nice (and warm!)! I'm glad you all had a great day.

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Your pics turned out so cute! I am excited for our dinner/planning, and for recipe group tomorrow! I can't get enough of that Gary Bat, too cute!