Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Fun in the Snow...

For Presidents Day weekend, we took the family to visit Aaron's grandparents in Star Valley! My kids love this trip! Grandpa Lindberg uses the tractor and made them a little sledding hill, that the girls used over and over again. Carson wasn't so sure about sledding, because he is too occupied with the tractors, snowmobiles, and all the farm equipment.

Even Aunt Sherry was a great sport and went sledding with the kiddo's. (She also has a very sore foot, so we aren't really sure she should have been sledding at all!)

Carson climbed on top of the sled hill and played for hours. He kept saying he was "digging," in fact he was digging so much it took me about 8 pictures, to get one when he was looking at me! He is not an easy boy to get a picture of because he will not sit still for a minute.

It is a tradition at Grandpa Lindberg's house to line the sidewalk with ice cycles, and color them with food coloring. Grandma Jackie and Aunt Sherry started doing this with the kids a couple of years ago.


The kids loved being pulled around on a sled behind the snowmobile, actually Carson only liked riding on the snowmobile. He left the sledding to his sisters! They were great sports, Aaron would take them over jumps and dump them off the sleds, and they just kept going back for more.


The entire weekend, Carson was asking Grandpa Lindberg to start the tractor. He wanted to help Grandpa put the chains on the tractor tires, and no matter what we would tell him, he would not stop asking. Grandpa did take him for a ride, and the little boy was in heaven. This kid loves to play with little tractor's and dump trucks all day long, so this was quite a treat for him. Thanks Grandpa!


Here is a little video of my little boy happy as can be
!

12 comments:

michiganbliss said...

It's currently 85 degrees outside here in sunny AZ. Just sayin...:)

(ps- not loving it as much as you would think. Only brought jeans and cardigans since I thought it was February. Oh wait it is February. Going out to buy some capris right now.)

(your sis is the only reason I can return to freezing cold MI with a smile on my face.)

Unknown said...

How fun! I guess if we have to have this nasty white stuff, we better make the best of it! Glad your kids had such a great time.

The Michiganders said...

Pure joy on the face of that little boy. I love it! Looks like a fun time. I love the icicles. We need to try that too.

Miss you too Amber...

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

That Carson brings a smile to my face. I loved Ralphy, too cute. I am so glad that you enjoyed your little trip to Star Valley. Your hasbands class was so easy, especially compared to Chris's naughty little bunch. I wanted to bathe in sanitizer after church on Sunday!!

Nichelle said...

That looks like a fun time!! I love the smile on Carson's face while he is digging. I love the colored ice cycles!! What a fun idea!!

Elena said...

What little boy doesn't love a good tractor ride? So cute. And I have never heard of coloring icecicles before, but sounds fun.

Holly said...

Grrr. I don't want to come home to snowy Idaho! I wish I was as content to be outdoors in the cold snow as your kids!:)

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like you guys had a great time. I know the kids love it in Star Valley.

Love,
Mom

♥Seri said...

Ahhh... the memories from my childhood! Good times in Star Valley for sure! Sounds like Aaron hasn't changed at all -- the way he drives a snowmobile and dumps you in the middle of a field in the middle of no where and thinks it's so funny! I'm so glad you were able to go up there. It looks like you all had a great time! Cold, but fun! I can only imagine Carson's response to the tractor! That was our favorite thing to look forward to as a kid, too! I wish we could have joined you up there!

Jackie said...

What a fun, fun weekend we had!!!Looking back, it seems like there are so many memories of the farm. I'm glad my kids and grandkids get to have a "few" of those happy times. If Carson had his way, he would still be sitting on the tractor wanting Grandpa to fill the bucket with snow and dump it over there! Your girls are brave on the snowmobile as Aaron drives like a wild man and tries to tip them over!! The icicles are such a work of art!! Loved the weekend with you guys!

Anonymous said...

Fun times! My kids haven't played in the snow hardly at all this winter. I'm sure these last few days have done a number on poor Ralphy :)

LW said...

You guys have the funnest adventures!! Looks like everyone had such a great time! Your family is so cute Brenda! Hopefully we'll be seeing you this month!