Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So, my son likes to take things apart. Give him a screwdriver, and he will find something to unscrew. Last weekend Aaron and I went to Salt Lake for the weekend, and while we were having a great and relaxing time, we decided to get the boy a new bookshelf. (His leans to the side because he took it apart and lost some of the screws out of it.) I wanted to put the old bookshelf in the garbage, but figured it needed to be disassembled before it went in the dumpster.

I know this might sound crazy, but I got the boy a screwdriver and told him he could watch Handy Manny and take the shelf apart. He was quite happy that he didn't get in trouble this time.

I wanted him to smile at me for a picture, and he wanted to be a stinker, so he would only close his eyes! These are the lovely shots he gave me.

We did talk about how he could take this bookshelf apart, but he could NOT take the white one apart.

He probably won't listen, I will probably be blogging about a white shelf and a screwdriver in a couple of days.

7 comments:

JANEAL said...

I can't believe how much he likes taking things apart! Hopefully he won't take the new one apart (too many times anyway) LOL!

I'm going to be at the next recipe group, I'm excited to see you!

Nichelle said...

He is such a cute little stinker!! I hope that he doesn't take apart your new books shelf. It is so funny that he loves to use a screw driver and take things apart, atleast he entertains himself right?

Holly said...

:) haha. Someday his wife will be glad he's such a handyman!!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. He reminds me of how handy Brian was at that age. It will some day be a great blessing to have a handy boy around.

Mom

becky ward said...

what a special treat to be able to take a book shelf apart! LUCKY!

Amberlee said...

So funny! Hopefully the new bookshelf will remain unscathed... for a little while at least :) I'm glad you had fun in Utah!!! You deserve to get away every now and then with just you and your hubby!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute & funny! Some day that talent will be put to good use :)