Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School

The first day was actually a week ago, but it seems we are still running behind. The girls were so excited! They were happy with teachers, they had the proper amount of friends in their classes, and they were rather tired of hanging out with a boring and somewhat grouchy mom.

I wish every morning could be like the first day of school. My kids sprang from their beds and actually made the beds after they got out. I was up and ready, so my children had a mother who was alert, rather than wandering around in a coma.

Someone had the camera on the wrong setting at the school for the "sit in your new desk" photo.



Carson was a little bummed that he didn't start school the same day that the big sisters did. He was so excited to see all his little friends again. He was a little nervous for a few minutes, but he warmed right up. When I picked him up he reassured me that "it was so fun!"



There were no tears from the mom. I think I really am going to enjoy my three afternoons a week all to myself!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so cute. My grandkids are growing up so fast. I know their Mom's don't think that sometimes, but they will see as time goes by that it does go pretty fast.

Mom

♥Seri said...

Sounds like a spectacular send off! So glad you'll have some time to relax, sleep, party, or do whatever three afternoons a week! Cute pics, and cute smiles!

Amberlee said...

So cute! You'll get to enjoy those 3 afternoons a week for a few months anyway, right :)

Anonymous said...

hey morgie!!!!!!you have the exact same lunch box as me!!!!!!we have good taste!!!!!I cant wait for cristmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this year has gone by fast!!!!!!!!!

- Rae

The Michiganders said...

I don't think I am going to be shedding many tears this year either. I am looking forward to a small break from preschool. And I think Zach is gonna love it too.

Nichelle said...

They look so cute!! I bet you will love your little break. It will be so nice to shop or clean or whatever without kiddos.

Jackie said...

Kids look so cute and excited for school - I'm sure the Mom looked excited too!!! Hope they keep making those beds each morning!Enjoy those quiet afternoons - you have earned them!

Anonymous said...

They all look so cute. I love matchy sister outfits :) It's so nice to have someone else entertain them for part of the day now, right? -
(is that wrong to say?)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Enjoy the alone time while you still can! That Carson is to die for. His cute little cheesy grin makes me smile every time! I can't wait to see what the next baby will look like? Have you come up with any names yet? I still need to post about the first day, but if you haven't noticed I am not exactly on the ball lately!