Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day at the Beach

On our last day in San Diego, the sun was shining again. If we would have had sun everyday, these kids would have played at the beach every one of them. Cooper tolerated the sun and sand for a day, but it certainly wasn’t his favorite way to spend the day. He was a good boy and took about a two hour nap in my arms.

IMG_0233

Paige making a “hot tub” in the sand.

IMG_0214 IMG_0215 IMG_0217 IMG_0218

A hot tub for 2.

IMG_0219 IMG_0220IMG_0223 IMG_0221

Morgan gets her worrying gene from me. Grandpa is trying to help her get used to the waves…I remember him having to drag me into the water on one of our vacations as well. I loved it after I decided to get brave, but this water was a little colder and had a bit of kelp swirling around in it. In some places it was ALOT of kelp. It is hard to make yourself remember kelp is a plant and not some strange sea creature.

IMG_0224

Carson tried a little boogie boarding. He loved it! Actually, all the kids had a great time boogie boarding..until the tide went out and the waves weren’t so good anymore.

IMG_0225 IMG_0226 IMG_0227 IMG_0230 IMG_0232

We will miss that sun, and sand, and the sound of the waves. It just isn’t that same in the backyard sandbox. After our day at the beach, it was sadly time to pack up and start our trek home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about the sun, sand, and surf, but kids love it. I guess I do too. Great trip.

Love,
Gma

Elena said...

Oh man, these pictures are making me not love this cold weather very much. So fun, the beach is the best!

becky ward said...

awesome "hot tub"!