Saturday, March 20, 2010

Feels like Spring...

We had such a warm, sunny week. It felt wonderful. Carson decided it was nice enough for a picnic. While I was feeding Cooper a bottle on the porch, Carson set the three of us up with a picnic. He got a blanket, a left-over sandwich for me, and a bowl of ice cream for him and I. He even brought the whole 1/2 gallon outside, and scooped it for us. What a sweet little date.

He loves this ice cream scooper. It is from Aunt Sherry, and it has a pig head on the top. If you fill it with batteries it will make piggy noises at you while you use it.
Lovely.


Cooper was happy. This photo is not figure flattering. The angle of the car seat does a number on his double chin.



My lunch dates.

When it was time for school to get out, we took the baby on his first outdoor stroller ride, to pick up the girls from school. Once they were home, they had to change into summer clothes. They claimed they were roasting.

This picture is a compromise. Paige was quite bummed that I wouldn't let her turn the sprinkler on under the trampoline. I told her we certainly couldn't run through the sprinkler when we still had snow in the back yard. She decided she would have to be content wearing her swimsuit outside, just not getting wet. I did let her have some cookies to make everything all better.

And with the feel of spring, we must have some spring cleaning. Thanks AJ for a tidy garage!


4 comments:

♥Seri said...

Ok I love this post! I love Carson's idea of a picnic and the piggy scoop. I love Cooper's smile. I love that the girls think it's 100 degrees outside and there's still snow in your backyard! I love that it looks like AJ is making a little nest up in the rafters of your garage....not a bad idea if he gets sleepy! Paige CRACKS ME UP with the swimsuit and cookies! At least Cooper was left in the rocking chair and not left at home! Do you ever fear of leaving someone home? It's my worst nightmare! Thanks for sharing!

Amberlee said...

Brenda you crack me up! I hear ya on the whole blessing day. We are blessing our baby this weekend and I'm kinda stressing. I hope to get some good pics too- probably won't happen though :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had lunch dates that cute. Glad you had some good weather. Hope there is a lot more in the future. We are ready for Spring and Summer.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Your posts crack me up! I only hope I am half as organized and good at 4 kids as you are!