Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bikes, volleyball, and a bit of yard work...

Saturday we tried to get in a little bit of everything! The kids needed some new bikes since Morgan was too big for her old one, and Carson's dad did not want his boy's first bike to be pink. Poor Paige didn't get a new one, because Morgan's old one is perfectly fine. She was easily pacified by getting her a basket, handle bar streamers, and a bell. Such a sweet girl!!


Aaron decided he was tired of changing the bark in our mound every year, so we decided to switch it to rock. I was gone half of the day, so Aaron and Carson got to work on this project mostly by themselves.

Paige, Morgan, and I got to spend the day in Rexburg, for Morgan's first Volleyball tournament. It was a long day, but it was fun to see what she is learning at practice. Paige was a good sport to color and and play while we were there for 5 hours.

12 comments:

The Michiganders said...

Holy Cow Morg! That serve was awesome! I wish Meg and Rae had a place they couldllearn volleyball. The new bikes look pretty cool too.

becky ward said...

new bikes! so fun! saturday was such a nice day for yard work. and your rocks look fabulous!

Nichelle said...

How fun for them to get new bikes. I like the look of the new rock. It looks so nice and will be so nice to not have to change out bark every year. Morgan looks like she is doing awesome at volleyball, I might have to get Tabrie into that next year.

Anonymous said...

She look so big in that video. I am glad she likes it better than basketball. I would.

Love,
Mom

Holly said...

Don't you love that it is looking a little more Spring... well last week was anyway! :) I wish I could serve like that!

Anonymous said...

Nice serve Morgan!!

Nice bike Paiger!!

Nice grin Carson!!

Love,
MGPa

♥Seri said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Getting your bikes ready for another season is the best! So sweet of Paigers to be ok with the hand me down! (We have that at our house alot!!) Morgs -- nice serve! I think I can see volleyball in your future! It's a fun sport! Lucky Tar Tar for a new big boy bike! Have fun riding and volleyballing! Nice rocks AJ!

Amber said...

I noticed the rocks in your yard today and wondered if that was new. It looks great!

LW said...

Wow I had no idea you guys liked Volleyball! My family LOVES volleyball - my brother played for BYU and we all played growing up. How fun. That's it, next time we're up there we have to play. Chris is pretty good too (he claims to be better than me...but that's obviously not true). Anyhow I'm so proud of her!!
Your family is so cute. Carson is so proud of his bike!! (Good call on getting him a bike that wasn't pink...:)

Amberlee said...

Looks like you got to enjoy spring for the 3 days that it was here ;) I heard throught the grapevine that we're getting a new principal next year- is Jackie so happy? I am!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I recognize those bright green shirts. Bonneville? Alyssa plays for IF. I wonder if we'll play you guys. We played a Bonneville team in Blackfoot a couple of weeks ago.

Head Over Hills said...

You guys are so busy! Glad the kids like their new bikes. Good job Morgan. I'm so glad your first tournament went so well. The rock looks great.