Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pretzel/Donut Night

This was not the same night, it is just getting hard to figure out ways to keep these kids occupied, so we are making plenty of treats. Friday night we made donuts to have for treats with our game night. They were really easy, a little greasy, and unfortunately one of my daughters threw up later that night!




So, I guess I will skip the "post the recipe" part. They had a great time, and I loved that it took me a week or two to get all of the sprinkles swept up. I tried and tried but those little things just keep rolling around.


A couple of days later, the kids were bored so we made soft pretzels. My little girl Paige loves pretzels, she asks us whenever we drive up to the mall if we will buy her a soft pretzel. She was quite excited about this activity. They look a little burnt and brown because I used half wheat flour. (I was trying to be healthier than donut night, especially trying to avoid the sick daughter!) They were quite yummy and we had a great time making them.



This is a picture of our lovely handiwork! These were crafted by Aaron, Morgan, Paige, and Carson. Morgan tried to make a snowman, Aaron and Paige stuck with the traditional pretzel look, and Carson thought we were still making donuts!

Just thought this boy was pretty funny all dressed up like Bob the Builder

9 comments:

Brian and Leilani said...

Looks yummy. Nothing like baking to occupy some time.

JANEAL said...

Kids love anything they get to help make! I'll have to make pretzels, I think Carter would have fun with it. Carson makes a cute "Bob the Builder".

♥Seri said...

What a great idea! We had a smiliar "game night" last Friday --but it was more like family olympics. Looks like your kids had fun and had some yummy treats! (You are great to let your kids help you bake. When I make things with them it stresses me out and my kitchen is a serious wreck). Good job! And Bob looks great! What a fun tool bench he has!

Holly said...

Cute picture of the boy dressed up! :) I want to be at your house those are treats I never think to make but look YUMMY!

Nichelle said...

What a cute "Bob" you have. The pretzel sound like a fun time and a good way to occupy the kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. Hope Carson gets better quick. Me too.

Love,
Mom

Natalie♥ said...

wow you are quite the betty crocker! Making pretzels has got to be a little bit harder than just plain old cookies. You are such a good Mom. And your little Bob is adorable.

Anonymous said...

So where's the pretzel recipe ?! Those look yummy! Your kids are lucky to have such a craft mom :)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Oh that sweet bob the builder. Just looking at the kids in there p.j.'s made me stop and change into mine, and thanks a lot, now all i can think about are pretzels! The pie was so yummy!!!!( I still think you are the devil!!) Thank you for the gift, you are too sweet, my cute friend./