Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lowry Family Reunion 2011

This year is was Aaron and my turn to plan the Lowry reunion.  We found a cabin in Island Park to fit us all and had a great time.  My only regret is that while I was busy getting ready for the reunion, I forgot to pack my camera.  Still so sad about that.

We left on a Thursday afternoon, and after getting settled in the cabin, most of the girls (even the granddaughters) headed off to the Playmill.  We saw High School Musical and the little girls loved it. It was so fun to be on a date with both my daughters.

On Friday we went on a float trip down Big Springs.  I stayed back at the cabin with Cooper, we didn’t think he would think it was very fun.  The rest of my crew had a fun time hanging out with their extended family.  Friday night was spent playing Minute to Win it games.  We put the 12 year old cousins in charge, and they did a wonderful job.  I really wish I would have had my camera to document this event.  So funny.

On Saturday, Aunt Seri showed us how to make some really cute headbands.  The boys went for some four wheeler rides, and played with water balloon launchers.  That night we had a compass course, in the dark using reflectors and a campfire with smores. 

It was so much fun to spend time being a little lazy, chatting with family, and watching the cousins have a blast together.  I love how much fun we have, and how much we laugh when we are all together. 

No comments: