Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tribute to Grandma and Grandpa

My sweet Aunt Maureen had set up this table of pictures of my Grandpa and Grandma and their family. 

IMG_1106

On the last day of the reunion, we had a tribute for my grandparents.  My mom made a slide show of pictures of them.  After the slide show we walked to a meadow (where my mom and dad had blown up a bunch of balloons) and let them go.  We started this tradition a few years ago, and it is so special to us.  I love looking at all of these people who love and miss my grandparents too.

   IMG_1140

IMG_1141

IMG_1142 

The kids love to watch them until they all disappear.

IMG_1145

  As we drove home, we stopped in Ely to go visit my grandparents grave.  I was really excited, I had not been back to visit their grave since my grandma died.  We cleaned it up and the girls decorated it with yellow flowers that we picked from our drive down the mountain.

 IMG_1187

IMG_1188

IMG_1191

IMG_1193

IMG_1194 

IMG_1198

We were so lucky to have such great grandparents.  I will always remember the example they set to have so much fun, and how important family was to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. There are times that I just must Glenna and Lyle so much and wish they could still be here to play with there amazing great-grandchildren.