Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sweet Little Boy!

So, I know many of you might not believe these words coming out of my mouth, but the little boy was sweet and darling tonight, and this I must have a record of! Today, the weather was actually nice enough for us to escape the confines of our homes, and we were able to spend some time outside.
At Paiges T-Ball games, Carson gets so sad. He keeps running out onto the field to play, but he of course is not old enough yet! We got him out the T-Ball set at home, and he got so excited! I got him all set up, and then went to go finish the dishes. As I was walking away from him he said:

"Mom, you pay me?" which of course means -will you play with me instead of racing off to finish the dishes?



I couldn't resist, and we played ball till Aaron could come out and take over. It is amazing how some nice weather can make us all a little happier.

Then tonight, After Carson had a really late nap, he was having the hardest time falling asleep! I finally came up and said,"Do you want to rock rock for a couple of minutes?" (That is what he calls rocking in a rocking chair, and sometimes humming a song to him.) Well we got all set up, and I started to hum a song to him, and he tried to hum with me. It was so cute, considering you normally see this little guy running away from me and screaming! It was so reassuring to know that somewhere inside, threatening to come out, is a sweet little boy!

8 comments:

Nichelle said...

See he does have a sweet side to him. He is such a cute boy I don't know how you could think that he was completely rotten. I love it when they want to spend time cuddling there is nothing better. It always makes me smile!

Holly said...

It's the moments like this that make it all worth it!! :)

Head Over Hills said...

He is so cute! It is going to be so fun to see everyone together in a few weeks. Aren't you so grateful for the precious little moments that make being a mom completely worth all the difficult times?

The Michiganders said...

SO-- I am having tears. That was precious and it made me want to "pay" with my boy more too.

They are going to have so much fun playing baseball. Jsut think--in a year or two--they can take their mitts and go out and play catch.

JANEAL said...

What a sweet boy....and very cute boy!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

That is so sweet!! They really can be such sweet hearts at times! It's times like those that I want to bottle up and open on "FREAK OUT DAYS!" You are such a good mom Brenda!

Natalie♥ said...

I knew he had a sweet side to him. I saw it at church today with my baby girl. He is such a cute little boy!

Anonymous said...

Awww, he's a good kid. You have to give him some credit! I loved the tag also. It's funny, I think I agree with you on almost all of them!