Thursday, August 21, 2008

Boys will be Boys!

The day before school stared, my sweet mom invited us to go have a picnic lunch at Freeman Park. My Dad works close by, so he came over and had lunch with us.

Carson and my Dad went for a walk down by the river, and when they came back, they told the girls there was something neat they needed to go look at down by the river. So after we finished our lunches, we walked down by the river, and in some rocks, we saw a pool of water with millions of little minnows swimming in it!

My Dad being the good grandpa he is, was down on his knees trying to catch a minnow for the kids to see, when Morgan noticed a water snake was almost crawling up his pant leg. Carson was really excited. We watched it swim around in the water, and then it came over right by us again, and Carson really wanted to "Get IT!"
So Grandpa caught it, and I thought my boy would be a little nervous (his genetics-from his Father-show that he should HATE snakes!) but he was so excited. He only touched it at first, and would laugh his head off, and then we let him hold it by himself! It is so funny, after my two girls, to see a boy be such a little boy!

I of course forgot my camers, but my Mom took this one from her cell phone.

!

8 comments:

The Michiganders said...

I love how he looks so chill--hand in pocket--Mr. Cool. That is an adorable photo. Thank Heavens for cell phone cameras.

That is so stinkin' adorable.

Nichelle said...

Gross!!! I can't even be near a snake in a cage let alone one out of a cage. I can't believe that Carson wanted to touch it. He is so cute and brave!

Anonymous said...

That gives me chills to just read that! You were laughing and I would have been screaming- (my poor son)!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Oh my sweet, sweet friend. I have been so anxious to catch up on your blog! I loved it!! You have the sweetest little family ever! Thank you so much for all you have done for my family in our time of need. Your friendship means so much to me, and I feel so blessed to have some one care so much!

Elena said...

That's fun. All of my kids like snakes except my baby. It's so strange, she's terrified of them. Definitly something she was born with. Your little Carson is such a cutie.

JANEAL said...

He's definitely a boy! I know for sure Carter wouldn't touch one though...he wouldn't even touch the worms when we were fishing.

Amber said...

I hate snakes! I would have been going crazy. But I am glad Carson does not have that fear. Thank goodness for Grandpa's.

Anonymous said...

Boy is he cute, it was a fun day.