Thursday, August 21, 2008

Buffalo Campground


Last weekend we went with Aaron's brother and parents camping to Island Park. I should first thank my husband for buying our family a trailer, because that is the only way we are having happy memories from our camping trips!!! I love to be in the woods, but I hate sleeping in tent, or rather lying in tents all night, I can't seem to sleep in them!







We stayed for two nights, and our kids had a fabulous time! They love to play with thier cousins Kambrie and Teagan. And Carson was even nice (most of the time) to McKinlee. He did really like her little blue bike, and we had to strongly encourage him not to take it from her!




We went and saw the fish at Big Springs, we floated the Buffalo River in little rafts and tubes, and we did a lot of relaxing! The kids loved riding thier bikes all over the place, making smores, and just having friends to play with all weekend!






After such a long day, with no nap, this is what happened to Carson!



We had such a great time with Aaron's family! Our kids cryed half the way home, because they didn't want the weekend to be over! Hopefully, the weather will stay nice enough for us to go with his family one more time this year!


10 comments:

Nichelle said...

That sounds like a really fun time. I wish that we still had our trailer because I don't do tents either. We just don't go camping anymore. It looks like you guys had lots of fun with his family though.

JANEAL said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I don't mind tents, but I won't go camping where there are bears so it kind of limits us. One of these years we'll get a trailer.

Head Over Hills said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend. So relaxing. I sure hope the weather cooperates so you guys can go again. That would be fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad your husband bought you an RV. It is fun to camp.

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the camping thing! My kids love it also. And, I agree, NO TENT for me...my older kids sleep in tents every once in awhile (like out at Redfish). But it is a great family memory to camp! Glad to hear you had fun!

Amberlee said...

I agree with you 100%. Trailers are the ONLY way to camp. I love to enjoy the mountains, but it's definitely better when you're nice & toasty in a trailer without having to worry about what's wandering around outside your tent! Sounds like you had a great time. We still need to get our boys together!

SueAnn said...

I love Island Park! My grandparents have a cabin right by Buffalo Campground, it is a pretty area! I am sad that our days for going camping are getting numbered, I am also a trailer only kind of girl!

SueAnn said...

I also wanted to tell you how cute your blog is, I love it!!

♥Seri said...

LOVE the pics! I just wish we could have joined in on the fun! Maybe next summer we can all do a little campout in Burley? I heard there's a good place to go there.
I love the r.v, too! That's my kind of camping! It looks like it was a great way to wrap up the summer!!

As far as first grade, yes, I am am a huge fan of it! Love it! Tanner is a little more needy, but at least I don't feel like the circus entertainer 24/7.

Anonymous said...

Um... I check your blog often and there seems to be a lack of posting going on...................