Sunday, September 7, 2008

Busy Days, and Nights!!

Last Thursday, this little guy decided he would use his dad's screwdriver and take screws out of his bed, bookshelf, and several of his toys, especially the ones with batteries!


It took quite a while to put everything back together, so on Friday, we decided to make playdough! He loves playdough, and was in heaven playing with it for over 4 hours! Here are some pictures of his handiwork! Don't you love how he totally covered his little tractor with every color of playdough mixed together!

That boy looks pretty healthy in those pictures! Who would have thought he would wake me up 5 hours later, coughing like crazy? He was wheezing and really struggling to breathe and talk. He usually gets Croup once a year, and we were pretty sure that what it was, so I ran him into the ER to get a breathing treatment and steroids. I could not believe how he seemed just fine when he went to bed, but was on his way to the ER a few hours later!

We had promised our girls a trip to the fair on Saturday, so when he woke up feeling OK we decided to go ahead and go. We forgot to remember that he was up for 4 hours, at the hospital, in the middle of the night! Things started well while we were looking at the animals, the children were all happy, but after the animals the little boy turned nasty! I am sure he felt terrible, but he was super crabby! Here are some pictures we took, before the boy got unhappy!



By the end of the night, I could not believe how tired he looked. His eyes were bright red and swollen, and he looked terrible! So today, we stayed home from church and decided the little guy needed some R&R time!!!

13 comments:

Elena said...

He keeps you on your toes doesn't he? hope he feels better soon. I hate that croup stuff. Poor kid!

Holly said...

Good thing he's so stinkin' cute right?! :) haha. Poor little guy. I can't believe how much your girls look like you too! They are beautiful Brenda!

JANEAL said...

Carson is just loving that screwdriver.....who needs toys when you have one?! He plays with playdough like Carter does. Sorry to hear he's got croup. Carter is a croup kid too, but I haven't ever had to take him to the hospital. I hope he gets feeling better and you both can get some sleep.

Amberlee said...

I wouldn't know what to do if all 3of my boys decided to take stuff apart like that. I would be even busier! I'm sorry that Carson is sick. Talen got way sick too and we had to stay home from church too. I'm hoping that he'll be well enough to go to school, but it's looking really iffy today! I hope Carson gets feeling better. This dang weather needs to make up its mind then the kids could stay healthy!

Nichelle said...

I am sorry that he isn't feeling well. I hope that he gets feeling better soon. It is too funny the thing that he takes apart. I must say that I like the playdough tractor.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I couldn't help friday night. Thanks for doing dinner for us yesterday. He seemed alot better last night. Hope he does well tommorrow at preschool.

Head Over Hills said...

Wow Brend! He certainly keeps you busy. I'm so sorry to hear he had cruop. That must have been so scary. I'm glad he got the help he needed. Looks like you guys had a fun time at the fair!

SueAnn said...

Sound like you have quite a character on your hands!! It is never fun having sick children!!

Unknown said...

Boy, I LOVE that kid! He is such a handy man! Sorry to hear about the illness though...it's that time of year again! UGH!!

Hey, I was very surprised to hear the Tanya lives down the street from you. Would you mind giving me her address or phone number so my sister can contact her? They were best friends and my sis hasn't seen or heard from her in like five years! She was wondering about her...thanks! You can email it to me if you don't want it on your blog!

The Michiganders said...

"Carson's gonna be in trouble". That is what Zach always says after a post like this.

His books are a mess. Clean up your house Brenda.

Anonymous said...

He's pretty smart to be able to work a screwdriver that well!! I'm glad pre-school is going well also. I'm sure you're enjoying those few hours a week :)

♥Seri said...

Carson buddy-- I hope you feel better soon! I think you need to go put an application in at Home Depot and see if they can get you a job and a swingin deal for your parents (employee discount, huh?!) You and Tanner would be in seventh heaven if you hung out all day together! You guys think alike! Hope the croup goes away soon!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I swear your poor family are always visiting the hospital. I hoe the little guy is feelig better! I get the biggest kick out of him, he is so darn cute and imaginitive, I love it! See you today!