Monday, September 22, 2008

Wind Cave

I am a little behind on my blogging! I worked for a couple of days at the school last week, and I got behind on everything.

My sweet mother-in-law watched Carson and Paige two weekends ago, (she had to be at our house at 5:45 on Saturday morning!) while Aaron, Morgan, and I went on a hike with my parents. We hiked to Wind Cave (near Darby Canyon), I had been on the hike before, but I might have been in better shape because I thought it would be a breeze, but it was a bit harder than I thought it would be. Morgan cruised up it, and I am pretty sure she loved having all the attention of Aaron, Me, and both my parents. She is the kind of girl who really likes to hang out with adults!

We made it to the cave before lunch, so we decided to walk through some of the cave before we ate our lunch. You walk through a huge opening, and then it gradually gets smaller and smaller as you walk through it. It gets to a point where you can crawl through a hole, and continue back further into the cave. I can't say I loved being in that part of the dark windy cave! Morgan was a little nervous, but she was brave and crawled through the little dark hole. We only stayed in for about a half an hour, but that was plenty for me!

The colors up in the mountains were so beautiful! On our way home, we stopped at Darby and took Morgan down the slide. Thanks, Mom and Dad for the fun day!! (Except for the nasty food at the Black Angus!-anyone for a mushroom burger????)


Morgan and my Dad in front of the cave we are hiking towards!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Now I have one blog entry down. You did a great job. Thanks for blogging for me too.

Mom

The Michiganders said...

You guys look like you need a couple of three year olds on your hike to pack up and down the hill.

That would make it much more fun.

JANEAL said...

Looks beautiful! I haven't been on a hike forever (the one we did at girls camp was all flat so it wasn't much of a hike).

Nichelle said...

I don't really envy you. I haven't been on a hike forever but I don't really like hikes. It looks like you guys had a great time. I am sure that Morgan loved being with all of the adults by herself. She is such a funny girl.

Holly said...

What a beautiful hike! You are superwoman, all that you get done! :)

Anonymous said...

You know, I have heard about that cave, but have never been there. I think it sounds like lots of fun. Maybe next summer...

I met your sister in law Lailani. I had no idea she was in my ward. Small world.

Amber said...

That is so pretty. I can see why you had a good time.

♥Seri said...

Looks beautiful and hope it was fun! I'm not sure if I can say I love hiking (uphill that is) but it's a great family activity! Glad you guys could go, and glad that Morgs had you guys to herself! A little one-on-one time is fabulous!