Thursday, September 4, 2008

1st day of preschool!

So , it has been a couple of stressful days worrying about this little guy! He won't go to nursery very well, and two days ago I tried to drop him off at a friends house to play, and he would have nothing to do with it. So I was a little nervous to see if he would go to preschool! I didn't want to stay, because after I stayed once in nursery, he always wanted me to be with him! I really did not want to have to attend 3 year old preschool with him!!

When we got to his preschool, he was actually excited! When we got inside he ran to tell his teacher about his Lightning McQueen backpack! (We had to go to three stores to find one!) Then we got him settled, and he went off with his class. I tried to tell him once that I was leaving and he got sad, so I was a bit worried. The teacher (who is my good friends mother) took them back to the preschool, and he went first in line with no reservations! My friend then said-Lets go! I was a bit hesitant, but her Mom is the teacher, so I figured she would know best. So I left, without telling him and he did great. I was a little nervous while he was gone, and every time my cell phone rang, I worried he was having a meltdown, but he loved it! So Hurray! We are quite excited about this little victory!!

I can't believe my little boy is getting so big!

12 comments:

♥Seri said...

Yay for Carson! Love the pics of the backpack and the fact that it's even bigger than him!! Brenda thanks for calling Caden the other night. He loved listening to the message! Very sweet! Wow - what are you going to do when all your kiddos are at school? I hope it continues to be a success for both of you!

JANEAL said...

I'll bet you're relieved! Maybe he'll go to nursery now. Carter was supposed to be in the same pre-school class but I had to cancel since we are moving. I love how his backpack is bigger than he is! So what are you going to do with your couple of hours of free time?

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big. It sometimes seems like they grow up so slow and then you turn around and they are all grown up. I'm glad he went for you.

Mom

Nichelle said...

Yay! I bet you are so excited to be able to have a couple hours a week to yourself. That is so nice that he went for you and now he is excited about it. What are you going to do with all of that extra time.

Head Over Hills said...

woohoo! I am so glad to hear Carson did so well. Now what are you going to do with your free time? That will be so nice for you!

Amber said...

Way to go Carson! I have been worried for you because I know what a challenge it has been at church. Maybe he will be better about nursery now.

Unknown said...

What a cutie! I am glad to hear he did it! Isn't that such a releif to have them be able to separate from you for just a little bit? I can't beleive he is old enough for pre-school though! CRAZY!!

Holly said...

SO fun! I bet you are excited too, and that trip on the post below looks like a TON of fun!!

Amberlee said...

I think we should get some sort of reward after getting them to go to school without a meltdown, don't you? I went shopping and enjoyed every minute of it- KID FREE!!! Carson looks so cute.

Brian and Leilani said...

Yay for Carson! Now you never have to take him with you to Walmart again!

SueAnn said...

Congrats on your successful 1st day!!!

The Michiganders said...

Since Zach isn't old enough for preschool yet, do you think he could hop into Carson's backpack and sneak in?

That would be so awesome if they could go to school together.