Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend!!

It has been just a little bit crazy at our house! This was our third weekend in a row that we have been out of town. This last weekend we drove our trailer to Star Valley to visit Aaron's grandpa's farm. Our kids had a blast, I hope they are always so easy to entertain on vacation! They love to leave town and sleep in the trailer! Carson was in heaven, he could not get enough of the animals, tractors, 4-wheelers, and Grandpa Wilton's cats. We went on a 4-wheeler ride to the back of grandpa's land and fed some of his neighbors horses. (I am sorry about the volume of pictures, but I took so many this weekend, and I wanted a record!)









We were feeding the horses alfalfa, we kept trying to tell Carson how to say it, but he just called it "Falfa!"





We went for a drive up a canyon by grandpa's house to go see Cottonwood Lake. The weather wasn't fabulous, but the kids loved watching the fish and fishermen!






This is Aaron's Grandpa Lindberg. He is almost 87, and he still drives a tractor and grow's crops. He works really hard, I am always impressed with how much he does! He is also so funny and the great grandchildren love him! In this picture he is trying to get Carson to help him drive the tractor back into the barn. Carson was a little too tired and scared to take him up on his offer!






This is Colter helping Grandpa move the water. Carson Loves Colter and Braydon (his cousins) and they are so sweet to play with him. They also are such good babysitters. I could relax because I knew Carson was always hanging out with one of them!




Morgan, Paige, and our cousin JaCee. These girls had so much fun playing games, looking for cats, and catching catepillar's! What cute little cousins!




Carson stranded on a big bale of hay!


Carson really liked playing on the tractors and 4-wheelers. I didn't see my girls doing so much of this!!!






We had such a great time relaxing and spending time with family. Grandpa and Grandma Lowry, Uncle Shane and his family, and Aunt Sherry were also visiting this weekend! Even though we experienced the first snow of the year (on Monday morning, pretty sad, don't you think?) up there, we had so much fun playing outside while the weather was nice, and inside when the weather was not so nice!

13 comments:

The Michiganders said...

I had this long comment posted and Zachy just deleted it. Such is the life with boys. I will post it again later.

JANEAL said...

What a fun way to spend the last bit of nice weather. I'm so not ready for snow!

Elena said...

It snowed in Yellowstone on Monday too. So sad. I'm NOT ready for winter yet. It seems like it just left. Beautiful pictures. Looks like you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I guess we didn't teach you right. You are suppose to labor on labor day weekend. Glad you guys had a great time.

Gma

Head Over Hills said...

I'm so jealous! That sounds like a ton of fun! Bummer about the snow though!

SueAnn said...

It is gorgeous there! Looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

What a fun last summer vacation. It's so nice you have so much family to vacation with and that the kids have so many cousins :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place to visit! I would love to camp there, it looks just like what our family loves to do...I too HATED the cold weather, but hopefully it will change to warm again...

Nichelle said...

I can't believe it snowed! I am not ready for that at all. It looks like you guys had a great time. It is beautiful there.

♥Seri said...

Ahhh!!! I miss little Star Valley! Your pictures are gorgeous-- I am glad you posted so many, and of course it's always great to see Gramps! I really like it when his pics pop up on my computer! Sounds like you had a wonderful time -- something that we can't quite replicate in the "big city life". I always loved going there growing up to escape the city and enjoy the outdoors, and yes, Gramps always made for good entertainment, bless his heart. He is in great health to be doing all he does. All the trailor and camping life sounds so much fun! Good memories!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend we had together. Thanks for all your hard work in cooking and planning so everyone could have an enjoyable time. Hope we can have this experience again with my Dad. I know it means alot to him too! What a fun memory!

Amber said...

What a pretty place to visit. Looks like your kids had fun.

sorichfamily said...

oh the lowry's...always out having fun!! i love that you have been on so many fun adventures, your kids will always remember them! you guys are soooo cute! and i especially loved the pic of you on the 4 wheeler! you look goooood!!! and i loved your previous
post too...how do these little ones figure out such interesting things??? carson is truly cute, funny and sweet! hope you have a great rest of the week. and we'll call if we need a handyman!! :)