Sunday, October 19, 2008

Is it all a phase???

So, I am hoping everyone is going to leave me a comment that says, "Yes, it is a phase in a few weeks he will be back to his sweet little self!"

If you are the mother of a boy, or a busy little girl that acts like my little boy, I have a question. A little while ago, the little man in my life was being such a good little boy. We were enjoying our time while his sisters were in school, he was being sweet, and I was thinking, "I made it! He is officially not a terrible 2 or 3 year old! Smooth sailing here we come!"

I guess I have not made it though. We seem to be slipping back into a serious naughty phase. Today, I found him in my living room, with a knife, chopping red onions and jalapenos. Yesterday, he was sitting on my couch, and I found him filling up a colander with ketchup. A couple of days ago, he put almost everything in the bathroom in the bathtub with him. (Including my old toilet brush, that I keep on hand in case I run out of the disposable stuff. That was a lovely mess. I had to throw away or clean everything again-including him!) So, as you can see the boy is really bored, or I am totally in for it again!

So I 'm asking- Does this naughtiness ever go away??

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I soooo feel your pain! Boys are just plain difficult at times, but I guess so are girls! It is definitely a phase, it will go away, but unfortunately, in my case, it comes back!

The Michiganders said...

Yes, it is a phase in a few weeks he will be back to his sweet little self....

I heart you. My little monster boy misses your troublemaker.

Amberlee said...

Oh- so sorry Brenda! As the mother of 3 boys I can tell you that the phases come and go. My oldest is 8 1/2 and we still go through phases. Instead of being so destructive it just moves into backtalking or being mean to siblings. I am STILL waiting for the phases to pass :)

Good luck waiting this one out!

Kath and Steve said...

Steven says to tell you that it isn't just a phase, it is just what little boys do. LOL! Your kids are so cute. Kids grow up so fast, I think one day you will look back on it and just laugh!!

Elena said...

LOL! He's a busy one that's for sure. Sounds like he and my Kate should get together some time. They could give each other a run for their money. Just today she got the guinea pig out of the cage and gave it a bath in the sink. These kids...And I loved your comment about Mondays after resting on Sunday. My sentiments exactly. I always fear that someone will stop in unannounced on a Monday morning. YIKES!

Nichelle said...

I am so sorry! I am no help in the boy department though! I think it is just a phase, in a few weeks he will back to that sweet little boy that you love. Hang in there!

SueAnn said...

Oh my gosh Brenda!! For your sanity I sure hope it is a SHORT lived phase!! :) Your husband was hilarious the other night, we had so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I think mine is just starting if that makes you feel any better. I swear he gets busier and naughtier every day...

♥Seri said...

Oh my my.... I would have to agree with Amberlee and say it's a phase. Right now you're dealing with this, but down the road it might be language or attitude that might give you a run for your money. I've seen this with my older boys -- I'll be dreading one stage, and then one day I realize that I'm not having to deal with a certain behavior and then all of the sudden- WHAM I'm right in the middle of another phase. I have noticed that age 6 is a lot nicer than 3, 4, and 5!!! (if that gives you any hope!) Hang in there and try to keep sane! Happy days!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the naughtyness, I'm not a mother, but that picture is darn cute!