Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Fun/Mess

Because we had something on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday night, we decided to carve our pumpkins on Tuesday night! The kids were awfully excited, Carson had even tried to take the pizza cutter to the pumpkins many times throughout the day:) On Tuesday though, Aaron had to work late, and Morgan had piano lessons, so the kids had to wait for what seemed like forever (to them and me!)


Carson REALLY likes to do things with his Dad, so we decided we would put the girls in charge of one pumpkin, and the boys in charge of the other! Carson really wanted to do a "gary" (scary) one.


The girls were great at removing the crud, but my little boy was not such a trooper! He put his hand in once, and then just folded his arms the rest of the time saying it was "too messy!"

I don't understand. He never seems to think that smearing peanut butter on my walls is messy -why does he not do the one messy thing I am actually encouraging him to do?


The boy's "gary" pumpkin,

and the girls very large mouthed pumpkin! (Don't look too close MGpa!! You might see something a wee bit familiar!


Oh, and I should have tried to photoshop out the mess on my counters.

No comments: