Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Try-It-Tuesday Recipe

A friend of mine has started a Tuesday trend. She calls it Try-It-Tuesday! She posts a recipe on her blog every Tuesday, and invites others to leave a comment of the name of a recipe, and then post it on your own blog to share. I have used some of her great recipes, and so I thought I would join in the fun! This recipe is from another favorite blogging recipe, called Delicious Recipes. We LOVE it at our house!

Zucchini Coconut Bread

3 Eggs
3/4 C. Oil
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 C. grated Zucchini
2 1/3 C. Flour
1/4 tsp. Soda
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 sm. Pkg Pistachio pudding (if I don't have pistachio pudding, I have also used vanilla or cheesecake)
1 C. Coconut (optional)

Beat together eggs, oil, and sugar. Add the vanilla and zucchini. Mix all dry ingredients and add to the other mixture. Pour into 2 greased bread pans. Bake 350 for 50 minutes.

Coconut Glaze

1/2 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Water
1 T Butter or Margarine
1/2 tsp. Coconut Extract

Bring sugar, water, and butter to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add extract. Pour over warm bread and let it cool completely before removing from pans.

5 comments:

Elena said...

Oh my laws! Coconut glaze? YUMMMMO!

JANEAL said...

what a great idea! Isn't this bread addicting?

Holly said...

Oh my, this bread is now my FAVORITE! We tried it last week... SOOO Yummy!! Cute idea too!

Head Over Hills said...

I tried to start doing that a few months ago. I could not keep up. I sure hope you can because I really want some new recipes. By the way, I love this bread. It is so yummy. I wish I had some right now!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm going to try to open that facebook thing. Tell me what I need to do.