Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ready..Set..RACE!

So lately the Lowry children are already suffering from Cabin Fever. They are loud, wild, and wrestling whenever all three of them are home at the same time. The other night- so I could get the dishes done in peace- Aaron took them outside. He is much more fun, and far more creative than I am, so they were rather excited. He started having them race, and then he started to add obstacles -going around the trampoline, jumping through the hula hoop, riding the scooters, and so on.


I love how Carson never wins, but he still runs and runs. As the night goes on he gets slower and slower. Maybe sometime his big sisters ought to let him win.

Now, if only I could find someway to make them do this all winter long, we would be in good shape! They sleep like rocks after they run like crazy for a half hour or so. Here is what they look like when the race time is over!

12 comments:

Kath and Steve said...

I wish I had that much energy.

Head Over Hills said...

What a good Dad. It looks like your kids are having so much fun. Bell is home from school sick today and I am going crazy with all three of them. I totally need someone to come play with my kids!!!

Nichelle said...

He is a good Dad! I know the girls love it when Rex gets home because he always will play games with them. I just wish that I was that fun and that creative. Oh, well! We are really missing our Daddy though!

Holly said...

I love it! lol. Don't you wish you had that much energy?! :)

Amber said...

Dad's are so good at that kind of stuff. Isn't it nice to be able to do the dishes in peace? That is a rare thing at our house.

Elena said...

I think we should all just install obstacle courses in our houses for the winter. :) I loved them "revving" up their engines.

Amberlee said...

Looks like they had a blast. Why is it that dad's are always so much more fun than us moms? Probably because they do fun things like that with them!

The Michiganders said...

Now here is what I want to see: video of Aaron running the obstacle course...That would be funny.

Cute kids, cute video and great of your hubby to give ya a break.

Unknown said...

That makes me tired! Dads are the best, aren't they? I am glad you got your dishes done and still had time to video for your blog! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Dad's can be so great. Cute video.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for dads! That's how it is at our house too :)

♥Seri said...

Ok... I'd have to say I'm very impressed with my brother!! Nice job, A.J.! looks like he was trying to put together a little winter olympics or remake of the reunion this summer! How fun for the kids! Good thinkin Aaron!